Tuesday, August 26, 2008

7 days left. Can you believe it?!

So there's only 7 days left until I leave for Fort Benning, Georgia. I can't believe the time has gone by so fast. It feels like just yesterday I had a month left. I never realized that it would get here as fast as it did. And quite frankly, I don't exactly want to leave. I mean, it's my duty, and I'm uber-excited to get it done with and become a different person, but at the same time, I've realized things in the past week or so that have made me realize that I'm gonna miss a whole lot while I'm gone. School was rough the first two semesters, and I was nervous about going back to class, but I hung out with everyone the other day and it is the last time I will really be able to until mid-December. I don't want to miss all of that. I don't want to have to be doing pushups and situps and running and shooting while everyone else is hanging out at the river and hangin out at late night parties and spending hours just being lazy. And I'm gonna miss my girls. They keep me sane and keep me on my toes. And it never fails that things start to happen right before I leave. It sucks! We realize things that should have been realized long ago. But I guess life is gonna be better when I get done with basic. It's gonna be more structured...I just don't wanna lose myself, ya know? I still wanna be Grant Martin when I get back...just more disclipined.

No comments: