Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sadness? Yes!...but also great joy!

So, I was just chillin at home when I got a phone call from my dad...kinda made me a little sad. I have been going to the church I am at for a little over a year now. One of the greatest joys of going there was the amazing youth program that we have. The youth minister got there about the same time my family did, maybe a little earlier. When I moved there, the youth program was a little stagnant, and we didn't really do much. It usually had about 15 kids, maybe...now it's running pretty high. That's all pretty much thanks to the outreach that Nic has had to the kids of Lockhart, Texas.
Anyway, the news that shocked me was that Nic put in his two week notice today. It kinda took me by surprise, but at the same time, I knew that he has always had a big heart for a church plant. Well, when my dad told me, I found out that he was moving to a church called The Connection Church. Now, that church kinda has a little irony behind it for me. The youth minister at the church that my dad was a pastor at when we moved to Luling, Zak White, went to help make that church bigger. AND the pastor that preceded my dad, helped start that church. So, yeah....I guess that's two people that God has taken away and put in a position there. I guess that church is really doing well, because they now have at least three men that are amazing speakers of God's word and awesome role models.
I guess what I'm getting at is, I hate to see Nic go, but I know that this move is what God has had planned. Nic will be missed greatly by First Lockhart Baptist Church. The youth group will never be the same and you will be hard to replace. Those kids really looked up to you more than I have ever seen happen before, and I couldn't find a better person to have in that position. We love you and are gonna miss you!

No comments: