Thursday, July 31, 2008

Tokyo anyone?

So, my little brother came back from Tokyo today. I was completely pumped to see him too. Before I go too far, let me tell you a few stats about Tokyo. Tokyo is the most populous city in the world. There are a little over 120 million people living in an area about the size of Houston, Texas. Less that one half of 1%, in other words less than .5%, of people are christians. The biggest religion there is a Buddhist/Shinto mix. As we were looking at his pictures, he was telling us about the day that his group went to a Buddhist/Shinto temple. Being christian missionaries, they started to do their thing; prayer walking, talking with people, a little singing. While they were doing all this, my brother said that he sat off to the side of a shrine and read Psalm 24. Especially verse 9: "Lift up your heads, O you gates; lift them up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in." I didn't really think much about that verse until I later read a blog from a friend of mine who was at the temple with him. She said, "I've never felt Satan's hand pushing so hard on us." You see, as the group was working in the Lord, there were police officers who asked the group to leave the premises...Wow. My little brother prayed that simple verse, and not very long after that, they got kicked out. Honestly, I think Lauren was right. Satan has a very strong hold on that city and he has no interest in losing it. But he should know something about the people that were on that mission trip...They'll never back down! Those people paid so much to get on that plane and fly 14 hours to a city that God's light is hardly shining. They have done amazing work already over there, and I know that there will be a few that will go back...I know David has already told me that he wants to go back. Why not you. Why don't you go?...I wish I could.

No comments: